Axisymmetric Simulation Results off by Factor of 50

Haben Sie einen Fehler in Z88Aurora entdeckt? Dann helfen Sie mit und sagen es uns! /
You have discovered an error in Z88Aurora? Tell us the horrible truth!

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
mturcios
Import

Axisymmetric Simulation Results off by Factor of 50

Beitrag von mturcios »

I was able to simulate an axisymmetric case and compare it to a full geometry. The stress and displacement distributions agree well, but the magnitudes are off by a factor of 50. Doing the same axisymmetric simulation in ANSYS gave results consistent with the full mesh (done in Z88). This is under AuroraV3 in Windows, but I get similar results under Linux. I can send the case to the developers if required.
ccad
Z88-Chef

Re: Axisymmetric Simulation Results off by Factor of 50

Beitrag von ccad »

Did you put the correct load onto the structure? See our examples.
mturcios
Import

Beitrag von mturcios »

I used the same BC on both cases: fixed supports and a pressure condition. I am not so sure about the pressure boundary, as it is a 2D case and I can only select nodes. On another forum post I asked about pressure conditions in 2D cases and I also tried applying a distributed force over a line, with magnitude = pressure*length of line. It still gave me stresses 50 times lower than the ANSYS results and the full cylinder Z88 results.
FViebahn
Alumni

Beitrag von FViebahn »

Just send the Z88 projects to z88aurora@uni-bayreuth.de and we will have a look at your boundary conditions.
Antworten