V13.0 Example 9 - Rectangular Plate Element

Sie finden etwas nicht oder wünschen sich Funktionalitäten? Hier können Sie es los werden! /
You are looking for functionalities? Go ahead!

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
Mahes Rajakaruna

V13.0 Example 9 - Rectangular Plate Element

Beitrag von Mahes Rajakaruna »

After running this example in V13 and confirming the output is correct, I imported the z88i1.txt and z88i2.txt to Aurora. When I do this the area load gets applied only to element no 1 instead of elements 1 to 64.

Is this a known issue? Is the z88i1.txt file created in V13 (or V12) not compatible with Aurora?
Mahes Rajakaruna

Pressure load for plates

According to page 26 of the theory manual it is easier to define pressure loads directly with the matieral entries of z88i1.txt (IPFLAG=1 IQFALG = 0). This is not correct as Aurora ignores the pressure load set in the z88i1.txt file. It also ignores IQFLAG set in line 1 of z88i1.txt. It only recognises the IQFLAG set by the z88manage.txt.

Hence the pressure loads must be defined with the z88i5.txt file and the IQFLAG in the z88manage.txt must be set to 1.
wehmann
Alumni

Beitrag von wehmann »

Dear Mr. Rajakaruna,

the file z88i1.txt created in V13/V12 is compatible with Z88Aurora. The option to apply pressure loads by z88i1.txt was not implemented into the import for this special element type. We now have implemented this option for this element type (plate no. 19) and we will release it with the next version. Thank you for your hint, it helps us to improve our program!

Best regards

Christoph Wehmann
Mahes Rajakaruna

Thanks Christoph. If this option is implemented for Plate element 19, it should be implemented for Plate elements 18 and 20 for consistancy.

Alternatively, pressure loads can be entered in one line the z88.elp file. Pressure loads entered this way does not appear when the structure is viewed with the pre processor.

Nodal loads and constraints are entered with the z88i2.txt file as usual and their positions can be verified with the pre processor.

With this method a combination of nodal and pressure loads can be entered in a single load case without the need for the z88i5.txt file. This way the z88i1.txt is only used for the structure data and material information thus keeping the structure and loads in separate files.

This works with plate element no 20 and should work with plate nos 18 and 19 that I have not checked.
Antworten