Antworten
Sebastian
Preprocessor
Interpretation of data

Beitrag von Sebastian »

I refer to the image below:
Displacement query.png
(121.38 KiB) 509-mal heruntergeladen
1) Does the slider on right indicate the percentage of load i.e if I set it too 100 then it shows deflection at full load? If so, shouldn't the colour schematics vary according to the set load?
2)The red arrow in the image shows where the load is place. The large area on the left (coloured blue) is constrained in all directions. The deflection with the slider at 100 is almost spot-on in regard to real-life but the values on the left confuse me. The maximum deflection shown (and in real life) is approximately 2,5mm to 3mm but the values on the left indicate a deflection of only 0.0285mm to 0.0314mm. Am I reading the values incorrectly? I find it strange that they are about 0.01th of the real-life values (and of the ose shown by the model).

Thanks
MNeidnicht
Alumni

Re: Interpretation of data

Beitrag von MNeidnicht »

The slider on the right side only defines the factor of magnification, which is applied to the graphical representation of the deflected part. The original calculation results are definitely not influenced by sliding! You can take a look at them in the output file z88o2.txt.

The reason for the differences in the order of your results compared with your experience must therefore be elsewhere. Did you really use adequate units for the coordinates of the part and the loads? And what about the material-data? Are you sure, that an linear elastic behavior can be assumed? If the practical deformations look really in this way you have to be careful there.

I hope I could help you.
Martin Neidnicht
Sebastian
Preprocessor

Beitrag von Sebastian »

Interesting... obviously I have gotten the wrong end of the stick completely... :oops:

So, the values in the top left corner are always correct. In that case I must go back and double check my input values. And the model. :(
MNeidnicht hat geschrieben:The slider on the right side only defines the factor of magnification, which is applied to the graphical representation of the deflected part.
What, then, do I set the slider to in order to get the correct factor i.e. what it would look like in real life?
MNeidnicht
Alumni

Beitrag von MNeidnicht »

Sebastian hat geschrieben: what it would look like in real life?
-> You can see it, when you set the factor to 1.0
Sebastian
Preprocessor

Beitrag von Sebastian »

MNeidnicht hat geschrieben:
Sebastian hat geschrieben: what it would look like in real life?
-> You can see it, when you set the factor to 1.0
Cool, thanks.
Antworten