Error selecting surfaces gtk-critical

Haben Sie einen Fehler in Z88Aurora entdeckt? Dann helfen Sie mit und sagen es uns! /
You have discovered an error in Z88Aurora? Tell us the horrible truth!

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
pagliaso

Error selecting surfaces gtk-critical

Beitrag von pagliaso »

Hello,

I have been reading the forum and can see some troubles that might be connected to this, but none mention the same gtk error I get.

I have know Z88 for a long time, but never had the time to learn it. Just start with the tutorials.

I installed the other day last Z88 v3 on my Windows 10, as I had to change computer recently, and I did first tutorial ok, but when doing the tutorial of the piston I can't pick any surface.

The error code I get on the console windows that opens at the same time that Z88 opens it is:

(z88aurora.exe:596): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_grab_default: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_CAN_DEFAULT (widget)' failed

My computer has the OS and keyboard layout in Spanish.

Many thanks for your help, and many thanks for making available Z88 to people like me that received very basic background on FEA on the university but that really never had the possibilities to expand or apply it to real world problems.

Thans and kind regards from Spain,

Alberto
SHautsch
Alumni

Re: Error selecting surfaces gtk-critical

Beitrag von SHautsch »

Dear Alberto,

this GTK error should not have any effects on the picking function. It's a common error, every Windows user should get that one while using Z88Aurora - we do as well. But no picking problems here.

I recently tested Z88Aurora in a Win10 virtual machine and did get some graphics driver crashes when entering picking, but it looks like you just can't pick? Does Z88Aurora or Windows 10 crash when opening the picking menu? If not, then that could be an end-user problem.

To pick correctly, press CTRL and click in the center of a picking point (black square). Do not let go of CTRL until you picked the chosen node/element/surface. Holding ALT in picking mode, you can draw a selection frame, SHIFT draws a deselection frame. The button "d" deselects the current selection.

Please ensure that you click on the picking point with CTRL pressed!
Sometimes - if you do not aim good enough - you pick a node inside the part and not on its surface, whick looks like picking did not work. Then you have to try again...

I hope that helps - if not, please provide further details of your problem.

Kind regards,
SHautsch
pagliaso

Beitrag von pagliaso »

Dear SHautsch,

Many thanks for your kind reply and I am very sorry for my blindness.

I do not get any crash on the computer with Z88. I remember selecting surfaces before on Z88 when I had started to follow the tutorials on the past. But I had forgotten now about the Ctrl on the black spot and I was trying everything to select the surface but doing it all wrong, and had a look at the console and saw the error there and just thought it was one more issue with the new computer and W10.

Many thanks again and kind regards from Spain,

Alberto
SHautsch
Alumni

Beitrag von SHautsch »

Dear Alberto,

no problem - we are here to help!

Enjoy Z88Aurora and don't hesitate to open a new thread if you experience other problems.

Kind regards,
SHautsch
Antworten