Analysis and design of concrete mats and slabs

Sie finden etwas nicht oder wünschen sich Funktionalitäten? Hier können Sie es los werden! /
You are looking for functionalities? Go ahead!

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
ssylvest

Analysis and design of concrete mats and slabs

Beitrag von ssylvest »

I am considering at Z88 Aurora to do FEM of concrete mat/slab or a concrete pile cap (about 30’ x 50’ with a grid of springs under it (springs representing soil for the mat, or representing pilings at certain nodes for the pile cap case, or similar for column-supported slabs).

Though I have extensive experience using structural analysis programs (with beam elements) and design, my experience is limited using FEM software. I have the following questions:

1. Will my English-only language be a significant hurdle to use the program or correspond via the forums?
2. Should it be possible to get results across a slice (perpendicular to a line)? For reinforcing design, the traditional approach is to integrate the moments about a line segment at each point of interest (where segments are dispersed along “strips” of the structure (e.g. as a “column strip” centered over the support columns (or piling). In addition to the moments about the line for each element intersected by the line, the twisting moment (torsion) value is needed too.
3. For the problem described above, which of the FEM element type available in Aurora s do you recommend using?
mz15
Site Admin

Re: Analysis and design of concrete mats and slabs

Beitrag von mz15 »

Hello ssylvest

1. Questions in the forum can be answered in English. However, our native language is German. Therefore, some phrases may not be as accurate. If you can handle it then you should be able to cope in the forum. The program itself is completely available in English.

3. Depending on the load:
- Perpendicular to the surface: Isoparametric Plate Element no. 20
- in the plane: plane stress isoparametric element no. 7
recommend.

2. You can even select any node where you can read the calculation results and export a file.
Depending on the type of element, however, it should be noted that, for example, the plane stress isoparametric element no. 7 has no twists and can not bend.
Isoparametric Plate Element No. 20 calculates the rotations around an axis and outputs the angles. You would then have to determine the torsional moments yourself from the angles.

regards
mz15
Antworten