You are looking for functionalities? Go ahead!
I have a VERY simple test case… 2 nodes, 1 element, 1 boundary condition, 1 force. Here are the details and a zipped file of the project. http://z88.garmf.com/GlamorousBeam.zip
• Cantilever beam
• Length = 100 mm (in the X direction)
• Section: B = 1mm, H = 1mm
• Material: 1
• Node 0 constraint: x,y,z,rx,ry,rz = 0.
• Node 1 constraint: Fy = 1N
After running the analysis, these results check out as I would expect.
• Node 2 y deflection = 19.048
• Node 2 z rotation = 0.2857
• Node 1 Force y direction = -1.0
• Node 2 Force y direction = 1.0
• Max axial stress at x: My/I = Sigma xx = 600.0
The one thing that seems wrong… I’m expecting a shear stress (TauXX in the z88o3.txt file) of 1.0 and I find 0.0
What am I miss understanding?
Thanks for your help.
I was looking for Tau xy due to the shear and its not available.
I just tested using a torque and found that Tauxx is the stress associated with torque.
you are right, we are not calculating shear stresses due to transverse forces, because they are mostly negligible compared to shear stresses due to torque. So the shear stresses in z88o3.txt are due to torque.