Error "no surface set allowed"

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
Racime
Import

Error "no surface set allowed"

Beitrag von Racime »

Trying to start With Z88Aurora. When i try to add the displacements on the body i receive the Message "no surface set allowed". Can someone help on why this is not possible. I have a simple steel plate that has a fixed surface in one and and 2 forces up and Down on the side. I selected the surfaces and now i want to put the constraints on the model. The bottom is fixed so i use Displacement 0 on that one. but when i want to "add" it tells me this is not possible. any tips? :)
SHautsch
Alumni

Re: Error "no surface set allowed"

Beitrag von SHautsch »

Dear Racime,

it is not possible to put deplacements on surfaces, only NODES.
So you will have to create a node set and apply your displacement boundary condition on this set.

Kind regards,
S. Hautsch
Racime
Import

Beitrag von Racime »

Ok, thank Your for Your prompt reply. I thought to put this on the Whole surface as to simulate that the plate i completely fixed on this surface (like welded). I wil try to use Your solution an create the nodes to be fixed.
SHautsch
Alumni

Beitrag von SHautsch »

Dear Racime,

you can simply pick one node at your surface and use "Surface" (in the picking menu). Adjust the angle to get the required nodes. Don't forget to de-select all nodes and just select ONE node before you click on "Surface" again.
This will help you to create a node set which represents your surface.

Kind regards,
S. Hautsch
Racime
Import

Beitrag von Racime »

Will do, it looks ok now.
Antworten