Non-uniform boundary conditions

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
mturcios
Import

Non-uniform boundary conditions

Beitrag von mturcios »

Hello everyone,

I have written a small program for mapping non-uniform temperature conditions (the results of a CFD simulation) onto a model for FEA analysis. I have noticed the Aurora interface has some difficulty when the number of sets/boundary conditions starts to exceed ~1000. It takes forever to visualize and ensure the conditions are correct. The current algorithm I have written maps each individual node on the boundary as its own set and boundary condition.

After reading the theory manuals I think there is no other way to accomplish the mapping I want. Is there a better way to have non-uniform boundary conditions? Or at least a way to increase the speed Aurora can process the results (I have an 8 core intel Xeon, 24 Gb RAM desktop, so I shouldn't be hitting a bottleneck at only ~56000 nodes and 14000 boundary nodes).

Thanks a lot!
DGoller
Alumni

Re: Non-uniform boundary conditions

Beitrag von DGoller »

Hello mturcios,

there is no better way to define non-uniform temperatur conditions. If you have a few amounts of different values you can use one set per value to decrease the number of total sets.
Furthermore you can increase the displaying speed by activating the "Boundary/Solid View", the Toolbutton with a white box.

Sincerely
DGoller
mturcios
Import

Re: Non-uniform boundary conditions

Beitrag von mturcios »

Thank you DGoller, your suggestion has helped at least with the viewing. I had thought about dividing up in ranges, and if required that is what I will do.
Antworten