Moving Heat Source

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
syahadah
Import

Moving Heat Source

Beitrag von syahadah »

Hello...

Dear Z88s Expertise,

I have some inquiries about generate heat source on 3D structure.Firstly, FYI, the model that I currently use is butt joint which is one of the joint in welding structure. how to create a moving heat source on the structure using Z88 Aurora V2?

Secondly, Can we merge the node of the structure?

Thank you in advance for kinda help...really appreciate it.. :D

Regards
Syahadah
FRudolph
Alumni

Re: Moving Heat Source

Beitrag von FRudolph »

Hello syahadah,

very interesting questions you mentioned here. Although the answers for both are actually NO i thought about it.
To your first question:
If you want to have a moving heat source you have to implement a direction of moving. Then the next problem is that we already simulate steady state. Ok, here it can be possible to sum up the generated converging temperature but you must always consider that there is a temperature decrease opposed the source direction because of heat dissipation.
A simplified solution can be the generating of different node-sets with different temperatures. May be this is a rough approximation of your welding problem.
To your second question:
Merging nodes automatically during a simulation is not planned from our side. Generally merging nodes is possible while you write your own script (Perl or C) and compare the z88structure.txt files.

With kind regards

FRudolph
Antworten