Structure Accelerations (Gravity)

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
Inquisitor
Mesher

Structure Accelerations (Gravity)

Beitrag von Inquisitor »

In my current project, the structure’s weight is significant to the loading. I couldn’t see hand calculating it as a solution. So I’ve written a little utility (Z88Assistant) that reads the Z88 files for nodal, element, section and material properties and then generates nodal forces to simulate the accelerations. I've validated it against closed-form, cantilever solutions and it matches for all significant digits.

Its limitations: It only works for Beams and Trusses. It’s written in C#.NET and requires your Windows machine to support .NET. Here is the executable.

http://z88.garmf.com/Z88AssistantExecutableV1.0.0.0.zip

I’ve also included the source code, in case you would be interested in porting it to Mac’s and Linux or to add support for other elements.

http://z88.garmf.com/Z88AssistantSourceV1.0.0.0.zip

Good luck.
wehmann
Alumni

Re: Structure Accelerations (Gravity)

Beitrag von wehmann »

Dear Inquisitor,

thanks a lot for your contribution!

Best regards

Christoph Wehmann
zschramm

Beitrag von zschramm »

Is this assistant still available? The link no longer works.
SHautsch
Alumni

Beitrag von SHautsch »

Dear zschramm,

as this Z88Assistant is a community contribution, we do not know about the current status or availability. You could try to send a private message to Inquisitor and hope his email is still working, so he will get a notification and probably reply to your request.

I will have a look if one of my colleagues downloaded this Z88Assistant and has it still on his harddrive - but the odds are long :cry:

Kind regards,
SHautsch
Antworten