how to define the weight of the material

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
frans
Import

how to define the weight of the material

Beitrag von frans »

Hello Z88 crew,

Is it possible to define the weight of the material/steel to determine the bending of an unsuported beam by it's own weight.
Thanks in advance.

kind regards Frans
mz15
Site Admin

Re: how to define the weight of the material

Beitrag von mz15 »

Hello Frans,

no, but you can use the total weight, and calculate the resulting force, analytically. This you can use as boundary condition for the calculation.

regards
Markus Zimmermann
Inquisitor
Mesher

Beitrag von Inquisitor »

frans hat geschrieben:Hello Z88 crew,

Is it possible to define the weight of the material/steel to determine the bending of an unsuported beam by it's own weight.
Thanks in advance.

kind regards Frans
Frans,

I had the same need for a tubular frame automotive chassis I'm working on. Calculating loads, by hand, for each node for all elements for gravity and/or vehicle accelerations was... just not going to happen. So I wrote a utility (Z88Assistant) to calculate the loads and add it to your Z88 project. Thought it might be helpful to others so put it up on this forum. Look up the thread "Structure Accelerations (Gravity)" in this Preprocessing section. I would reference it directly, but this forum engine doesn't offer a way of providing a direct link to a post. BTW, I used closed-form beam solutions to validate it.

Good luck,
Inquisitor
auroraIco
Site Admin

Beitrag von auroraIco »

Thanks!
Antworten