Picking surfaces

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
auroraIco
Site Admin

Picking surfaces

Beitrag von auroraIco »

Here a little help for node picking in english.

greetings, aurora_ico
Dateianhänge
fb_help_1.png
(302.53 KiB) 1893-mal heruntergeladen
Tim
Mesher

Re: Picking surfaces

Beitrag von Tim »

Thanks for this.
Tim.
auroraIco
Site Admin

Beitrag von auroraIco »

You´re welcome.
It is possible that until next Monday a "quick and dirty" version of the users manual and theory manual will follow. If you wanted, you can improve with pleasure the grammar and spelling :)

Greetings,

aurora_ico
Tim
Mesher

Beitrag von Tim »

Dear Z88 team.
Well, i have to thank you very much - The difference between V1 and V2 is HUGE. A number of months ago
V2 was announced and a deadline date was set and you have met this. So smiles all round as i see in Facebook.
I have for many years paid a great deal of money in subscription services for my CAD software via VAR services only to receive a very poor response and never the opportunity to talk directly with the software vendor.
But with Z88 Aurora software and its team, i have paid nothing for the software and you always respond promptly and nearly always positively - Wonderful. Even the chief, Prof. Frank Rieg anwers e-mails!
It's testiment to what a small empowered team of talented individuals can do ... almost anything.
OK, perhaps i exagerate a little. The funding position for all your efforts must come from somewhere. A little here, a little there etc. none of my business really but, of course i do wonder.
I will tell my colleagues about Z88, no doubt there will be more positive press in time.
But, back onto the thread, a big 'YES' to a 'Quick and Dirty' guide would be greatly appreciated. If i spot anything that is grammatically incorrect to my mind, i will make a corrective suggestion. I endevour for plain, succinct english but you may disagree.

Regards and Best Wishes.

Tim
che

Beitrag von che »

dear z88 team,
i had problem to run v2,
i use STL file,
when i want to run the simulation,
it failed,
because the faulty boundary condition,
actually,what the problem?
mz15
Site Admin

Beitrag von mz15 »

Hello che,

have you create a mesh from the STL-data. Without a mesh no FE-Programm on the world will run. A pure STL-file is not sufficient to run a calculation. See the video-help "mesher" how to create a mesh in Z88Aurora.
Otherwise your boundary conditions are wrong, as you have allready written. Then you have to think about your boundary conditions to run a successfull calculation.

regards
Markus Zimmermann
che

Beitrag von che »

thanks Markus Zimmermann...
mz15
Site Admin

Beitrag von mz15 »

you are welcome.

regards