Meshing problems

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
Daiquiri

Meshing problems

Beitrag von Daiquiri »

Hello,

I have repeatedly tried to mesh few geometries with no success (Z88 Aurora for Win32). The mesher stops each time with an error message which says to look at the log file (which doesn't say anything comprehensive to me).

I would therefore like to ask some of you guys if I could send you (via e-mail) the .stp or .stl model created with Rhino. You could then check it and try to mesh it yourself and see if and where is the error, and what is the correct procedure for meshing.

Unfortunatley I have no other means to learn to use Aurora, as the manual offers very little help when it comes to error warnings and debugging and I am continuing to encounter problems and errors at various stages of Aurora usage.

If you're willing to help, please contact me at: slavisa[at]libero[dot]it (sorry for anti-spam spelling :) )

Thanks in advance!

Slavi
flonue
Alumni

Re: Meshing problems

Beitrag von flonue »

Hello Slavi,

I am sure, we will solve your little problem.

Please send your examples (*.stl-, *.step-, etc. files) and your *.log-files to z88aurora@uni-bayreuth.de.

Kind regards
Flori Nützel
Daiquiri

Beitrag von Daiquiri »

Thank you very much, I'm sending you the files right now.
Cheers!
Daiquiri

Beitrag von Daiquiri »

Hello,
I just want to inform you that the problem with import and meshing has been solved. Please see this discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=289
Thank you very much for your availability to help me out.
Cheers! :)
Z81
Alumni

Beitrag von Z81 »

You're welcome. 8)
Best regards,
Z81
Antworten