Problem with generating mesh

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
Adi

Problem with generating mesh

Beitrag von Adi »

Hellow Everone, it's my first post here.

Some time ago I found this application, and i've started learning to use it. Now, after quite long breake I have a problem with generating mesh- while I try to do it I see all the time a notification/error/ that there is Netgen (or Tetgen- depends on which mesher I try to use), and information that "Only one part can be meshed".

Problem concern every model I tried to mesh, even simple cube, from already calculated (a few monts earlier) "project" (I used this cube to check some constrains etc.)

I found information here that it could be due to bad stp files, but files I try tu use were used before, and they worked ok. The same problem is on STP, and STL format.

As I remember I probably tried last time to calculate something as contact, and since then I have not been useing Aurora, until tommorow- where I fund that problem. I also tried to repair program, and reinstal it- both without results. Maybe someone had this problem before, and knowns the solution?
I have Aurora V5 version, working on Windows 10.

/Edit/ I cheked the tetgen/netgen logs in project folder, and there were empty
Acze83

Re: Problem with generating mesh

Beitrag von Acze83 »

Hi!

I have the same problem. It does not matter what CAD File I try to mesh (STEP, STL), always the same error message shows up ("only one part can be meshed").

Does anyone of the Z88 creators have an Idea what we are doing wrong?

:shock:
JGlamsch
Alumni

Beitrag von JGlamsch »

Hello,

unfortunately we can't reproduce this behaviour.

@Adi: Have you updated your PC/Operating System installation since the last use of the software?

Best Regards
Adi

Beitrag von Adi »

Hi,
PC configuration wasn't updated (I am working on laptop with W10 home onboard),
I don't remember any bigger windows update between succesfull and unsuccesfull usage of the Z88.
There was some bigger windows update (as I remember there was even information that there will be some time (30 days?) for going back to "old" Windows 10 build, if something will be wrong- but, as I rmember this update caused that Z88 (and whole computer) started to working more reliably (previosuly I had some STOP errors while using Z88- but it could be by problematic grapihics card drivers (I had 2 GPUs- -1- Intel, integrated with motherboard, and 2nd- Nvidia GTX onboard)
ahmetyurudu

Beitrag von ahmetyurudu »

Acze83 hat geschrieben: So 31. Jan 2021, 16:07 Hi!

I have the same problem. It does not matter what CAD File I try to mesh (STEP, STL), always the same error message shows up ("only one part can be meshed").

Does anyone of the Z88 creators have an Idea what we are doing wrong?

:shock:
hi everybody
I starting Z88 V5 but I cant mesh and "only one part can be meshed" message.
what is the reason for this error . also picking menu under the select surfaces not actives.
can you help me please
Antworten