What are the requirements for Abaqus .inp files to import?

Hinweise zum Import von: / Hints for importing:
STEP, STL, AutoCAD-DXF, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS, COSMOS, Z88

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
Zambozi

What are the requirements for Abaqus .inp files to import?

Beitrag von Zambozi »

I can't import a .inp file because it says

# More than one element type was found
# Z88Aurora can import only one element type
# Shut down z88inp

But the file has only one element type (C3D4). I get the same error with C3D10 and also with Z88Arion. So what are the rules for a .inp file to be compatible with Z88Aurora? Or are there example files that it can import?

I've attached a failing .inp file. Renamed to .pdf to allow the forum to accept it.
Dateianhänge
tet4small.inp.pdf
(10.25 KiB) 377-mal heruntergeladen
SHautsch
Alumni

Re: What are the requirements for Abaqus .inp files to import?

Beitrag von SHautsch »

Dear Zambozi,

your keywords do not match.
To make it work, either change the keywords in your INP file or in the inpenviro.z88 file in the binary folder of your Z88Aurora installation.

You use:
*NODE and *ELEMENT,TYPE=C3D4
Correct:
*Node and *Element, type=C3D4

Please refer to theory manual page 106 and following (4.1.9 THE ABAQUS CONVERTER Z88AINP).

Kind regards,
SHautsch
Zambozi

Beitrag von Zambozi »

Thanks for the quick reply Stefan(?) It's working after changing that .z88 file. But do you know why it's case sensitive? That breaks compatibility with lots of other software using the .inp format.
SHautsch
Alumni

Beitrag von SHautsch »

Unfortunately I wasn't involved in the development of the Abaqus converter, so I can't tell why it's case-sensitive. If your software always exports INP files with capital letters, you only need to alter the file inpenviro.z88 once and it will work for all your INP files.
I will submit a request to our developers and eventually there will be an update of the converter in one of the next releases of Z88Aurora.

Kind regards,
Stefan! :mrgreen:
chimy164

Beitrag von chimy164 »

Hello!
I've got a similar problem. I made a mesh in gmsh (export as .inp) and want to do a modal analysis in z88. I defined one physical volume, so I have only one element type. I also deleted the surface elements, which are saved by gmsh automatically. I also changed the case sensitive keywords. I can import the mesh now , but I can't calculate anything, because I get this error in the console:

### Jacobi-Determinante Null oder negativ..Stop ###
### Elemente zu verzerrt oder falsch numeriert ###
### pruefen, Numerierung gegen Uhrzeigersinn? ###

Now I am wondering, if there is something wrong in with the element numbering in gmsh? Do I have to do something additionally to import this mesh in the right way? In gmsh I used the default parameters for meshing.

best
ClaKle
Alumni

Beitrag von ClaKle »

Hi chimy164,

unfortunatly Z88 has no gmsh-inp importer. Probably the elements are ordered in the wrong way.
Is your model displayed after the import?
Can you send your gmsh-file, so we can analyse it?

Best wishes,
ClaKle
chimy164

Beitrag von chimy164 »

Hey ClaKe!
thank you for your answer!

I exported the mesh from gmsh as .inp - Abaqus file, because z88 can import Abaqus files.
The model is displayed after the import. I will send the .inp file (renamed it inp_mesh.pdf; I hope that works), and the .geo file from gmsh (gmsh_geo_file.pdf)

I now tried another option: I exported a .nas file from gmsh and trief to import it in z88. When I use a very simple geometry, like a sphere, I can inport the mesh in z88 and I can also do the modal analysis. With my mesh (tube-shape) this doesn't work (I couldn't send it, it is too big)

best
Dateianhänge
gmsh_geo_file.pdf
(420 Bytes) 232-mal heruntergeladen
inp_mesh.pdf
(7.36 MiB) 248-mal heruntergeladen
mz15
Site Admin

Beitrag von mz15 »

Hello chimy164,

we examined the mesh. It was noticed that over 8000 elements are not calculable. This can happen if the geometry of these elements is very distorted. So the mesh has numerical problems and can not be used. One reason can be the very fine mesh size. Is this fine mesh necessary. Try to export the mesh with a very rough size. If the nas-file work why do not use nas for your part.

regards
mz15
samshah

Beitrag von samshah »

I have imported step file.
As i try to mesh with netgen ...the software hangs & crash.

Even tried with stl file...same happens...crash.

Kindly guide, your software is very good as we can define loads in multiaxis with great ease....but mesh generation is problem. Below message appears in terminal.

I am new user to your software, kindly guide.

INFO (30020): Z88Aurora: Status: started!
Memory required: 574 MB

(z88aurora:12485): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 14:12:28.218: g_dbus_proxy_new: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(z88aurora:12485): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 14:12:49.792: IA__gtk_widget_grab_default: assertion 'gtk_widget_get_can_default (widget)' failed

(z88aurora:12485): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 14:14:13.879: IA__gtk_widget_grab_default: assertion 'gtk_widget_get_can_default (widget)' failed
JGlamsch
Alumni

Beitrag von JGlamsch »

Dear samshah,

what CAD system do you use? Maybe you can send your model to our support mail adress hilfe@z88.de so we can investigate your issue.

Best Regards
Antworten