Can I ask something in English Language? Compile problem

Das Forum zu Z88OS (Open Source) / The newsgroup for Z88OS (open source)

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
George Markomanolis

Can I ask something in English Language? Compile problem

Beitrag von George Markomanolis »

Sorry for my English language but I don't know German, so this is the only solution for me. I am studying mathematics at the University of Ioannina in Greece. I am working at a project for translating Z88 in Greek language. I add some code to the program so when I write the word GREEK in the file Z88.DYN, then the program has Greek menu. I have translated z88com module. However there is a problem. When I tried to run the program o windows 98 and Millenium, there was an error and opened a window with symbols and there was no message. The program works on windows 200 and XP but the original program from this web site works on windows 98 and ME. I compile the program with compiler LCC on windows XP. Can anyone give me an advice? Thanks a lot!!
goering

Beitrag von goering »

Hi,
it is nice to hear that you transferred Z88 into greek language.
Normaly there should not be a problem to run Z88 under older versions of Windows. Perhaps you added some code Windows 98 does not know/like. I read about some similar problems with WinXP and Win98 in the forum of LCC.
Try:
http://www.q-software-solutions.de/foru ... windows+xp

Thats all I can say about this.

Greetings,
JG
George Markomanolis

Hi, thanks for the answer but I should say that I didn't add any code for windows 98, I added code for GREEK language. When someone changes the language from Z88.DYN file to GREEK, then the program runs with GREEK menu. I haven't completed yet the work. The translation of menu isn't hard as the translation of error messages in the files. There are many error messages. Thanks for the answer. I will check the link.

Greetings,
GM
George Markomanolis

I didn?t find a solution about my problem. I don?t know what to do. Maybe there is an option on LCC that I haven?t seen or I should compile Z88 on windows 98 machine. Because when I finish the translation we?ll give the program to the students for homework and maybe some of them have pc with win 98 that?s why I worry. Thanks for your answers.

Greetings,
George Markomanolis
goering

Beitrag von goering »

I talked to Prof. Rieg because of that problem and he also does not know what problem occurred.
I think the best would be to compile it on Win98 like you already said. Then there shouldn't be any problem. (even not on WinXP; hope so) :wink:

Greetings,
JG
George Markomanolis

Thanks for the answer, I will try to compile it on windows 98 machine, when I go to my professor's office because he has win 98 and I will post the results. General the program works fine with Greek language and we translate also the manual to Greek language. It is very good program.

Greetings
George Markomanolis
Antworten