Nonlinear strength (Von Mises)

Tipps & Tricks ... / How to ...

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
Erdnuss

Nonlinear strength (Von Mises)

Beitrag von Erdnuss »

Hello,

I am having trouble making my model work for elastic-plastic material behaviour. Ultimately I want to make an analysis for a coupling. To do so I made a very basic model of a bar with a force on one end and a fixed bearing on the other end. All models work fine with Hooke's law and the given examples work also with von Mises's law. I attached the project file; maybe there is something wrong with my boundary condtions?

Thank you in advance!
Dateianhänge
Balken3.zip
(1.05 MiB) 110-mal heruntergeladen
ClaKle
Alumni

Re: Nonlinear strength (Von Mises)

Beitrag von ClaKle »

Hallo Erdnuss,
Unfortunately, the material definition is missing in the attached project.
What material did you want to use? If you have created one yourself, can you provide it?
Best regards
ClaKle
Erdnuss

Beitrag von Erdnuss »

Hello ClaKle,
I tried it in the beginning for testing reasons with "Engineering Steel". In the end I want to use Aluminum for which I have a given flow curve. Unfortunately it didn't work with either of them.

Best regards,
Erdnuss
ClaKle
Alumni

Beitrag von ClaKle »

Hallo Erdnuss,
first of all it is of course important that all material data is available. Therefore check in any case whether the flow curve for the Wehmann model is there.
I also took a closer look at your model. You used linear tetrahedra. In the Wehmann model, the nonlinear solver only works for quadratic tetrahedra. That's how it works :)
Best regards,
ClaKle
Erdnuss

Beitrag von Erdnuss »

Hi ClaKle,
thanks a lot! I wasn't aware that I had to use the quadratic tetrahedra.. although it's logical. :D

Best regards,
Erdnuss
Antworten