Multiple Materials (Creating element sets)

Sie finden etwas nicht oder wünschen sich Funktionalitäten? Hier können Sie es los werden! /
You are looking for functionalities? Go ahead!

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
Inquisitor
Mesher

Multiple Materials (Creating element sets)

Beitrag von Inquisitor »

I'm building a truss(4) model and need to use multiple materials and sections. In the section administrator, I can select a range of element numbers, so I can use multiple sections. However, in the material administrator it does not let me select a range of elements. Instead it requests to select a "Material Set". I am assuming this is like other sets created in the "Picking" editor. However, for my truss model, it will not allow me to "View: select elements!". How do I create truss/beam element "Sets"? Or the bigger question, how do I use multiple materials?

BTW - If sets were working to create element sets, this makes far more sense than doing a numeric range of elements as in the Section Administrator. One could just graphically select them into a set... versus having to go back and figure which rangeS one needs to use.

Thanks for your help.
auroraIco
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Materials (Creating element sets)

Beitrag von auroraIco »

You have to pick elements in te picking menu, not nodes! Then you can deselect in the material selector "all elements" and you will see the element sets and chose them seperatly. Normally people use Aurora for continuas, so it wouldn´t be so easy to chose elements by numbers!

greetings aurora_ico
Inquisitor
Mesher

Beitrag von Inquisitor »

aurora_ico hat geschrieben:You have to pick elements in te picking menu, not nodes! Then you can deselect in the material selector "all elements" and you will see the element sets and chose them seperatly.
I understood that in my original post. However, the element picker is disabled! This video shows a simple two truss element model. It has everything necessary to run, but the materials. It highlights the details and shows the element picker disabled.
http://screencast.com/t/3y9Y9ZAmXR
aurora_ico hat geschrieben:Normally people use Aurora for continuas, so it wouldn´t be so easy to chose elements by numbers!greetings aurora_ico
That makes perfect since that "most" people would find it easier to do a range instead of picking. Leave it to me to be the odd ball. :roll:

From my view point it just wasn't intuitive that one (the section properties) did it one way and the materials did it a different way. But I can deal with it... if I can just use the Element picker.

Thanks,
Inquisitor
auroraIco
Site Admin

Beitrag von auroraIco »

Congrats! this is a bug! :lol:

At the moment I have no other idea as to edit the set.txt and the setactive.txt by hand. See theory guide p.33.
for the context of the files.

greetings aurora_ico
Antworten