win32_en msi problem

Haben Sie einen Fehler in Z88Aurora entdeckt? Dann helfen Sie mit und sagen es uns! /
You have discovered an error in Z88Aurora? Tell us the horrible truth!

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
schweb

win32_en msi problem

Beitrag von schweb »

Hi,

i have tried to download the MSI package for win32 en from this website.
After the download the MSI gives back an error and the installation doesn't start.
My systems are Windows XP SP2 and 7 SP0.
Is it only my problem?
Thanks in advance for your precious help.

ps.: I'd like to start an activity using Aurora software, so I'd like to know if it is possible or goes counter the licence agreement. I know I could read it, but it is very time expensive. :D
mz15
Site Admin

Re: win32_en msi problem

Beitrag von mz15 »

Hello,

mybe you must install with administrator permissions. Otherwise can you please send a picture with the failure from the installer so I can see the error.

regards
Markus Zimmermann
schweb

Beitrag von schweb »

Hi Markus,

thanks for reply. I have solved that problem simply downloading again the MSI package.
It seems that the first was corrupted.

I am really happy to use this software. Note that I come from ANSYS where I have a good background especially with the old style. I am looking now at a business of consulting, so I am wondering if it is possible to use Z88 Aurora to make that business, instead of buying ANSYS, which is really expensive.
If it is not possible, how much can cost a license of your software?

Thank you for help again.
Cheers.
mifris
Alumni

Beitrag von mifris »

Hello schweb,

our software is freeware. There aren´t any license cost! :D
Of course you can use the software commercially, but we assume no liability. Therefore, please look at our license, which you can also download separately (http://www.z88.uni-bayreuth.de/z88auror ... nse_en.pdf).

Best regards

M. Frisch
schweb

Beitrag von schweb »

Dear M. Frisch,

thank you so much for this news! :)
I am very enthusiast to start this new activity!
For this time it will be my second job, currently I am designing mooring equipment...yes, I'm a mechanical engineer. :D
So, maybe I will propose to use Z88 to the company where I am currently working.

What about developing? Is there any chance for me to contribute to develop Aurora?

Regards.
Schweb
mz15
Site Admin

Beitrag von mz15 »

Hello schweb,

We are pleased that you are working with Z88Aurora. We are always striving to improve our software. Therefore, if you find any errors or have suggestions for improvement, you can report you. We are on the users' feedback always very curious.

regads
Markus Zimmermann
Antworten