materials

Alle Fragen zu: Vernetzung, Materialien, Lasten, Randbedingungen und Elementparameter /
All questions to: meshing, materials, boundary conditions and element properties

Moderatoren: ccad, mz15, auroraIco, Lehrstuhl

Antworten
patrick
Import

materials

Beitrag von patrick »

I am a bit confused about where to define the materials when working with txt files directly. (Not using the gui).

1) Do I have to put the material in z88i1.txt? I have already defined it in z88mat.txt and the csv file, so having to do it again in z88i1.txt seems a little repetitive. However, I get a message about no material defined if I don't do this.

2) I can't find much info about the csv file. The format seems to be two lines, with values seperated by semi-colons, something like this:

Code: Alles auswählen

youngs_modulus;poisson_ratio;???
???;???
Can anyone help me with the ???
Jochen
Mesher

Re: materials

Beitrag von Jochen »

Hi,

both files z88mat.txt and the .csv file are the two important ones to define the stress strain relation. The values for stress strain relation(s) in z88i1.txt are not completely taken into account anymore (only reduced material information is entered, with Young's modulus and Poisson's ratio each set to 0.) But they still must exist due to compatibility reasons with Z88, where Z88Aurora is build on. Please refer to theoryguide.pdf, page 27 and 28.
The guide is to be found in your installation folder. For example : C:\z88aurorav1\docu\engl

In the case only one material is used, hence only one stress strain relation is given, the last line in z88i1.txt should look like this:

1 1 128546 0 0 1 0

where 128546 has to be replaced with the correct number of elements (It's the same number defined in the first line of z88i1.txt at third position). I don't know whether this number is taken onto account.

In case of more than one stress strain relation is used, I don't know exactly whether you should define more than one dummy lines in z88i1.txt. Give it a try. :-)

The values defined In z88mat.txt do have the following meaning:

1st input group:
1st number: Number of materials

2nd input group: one line for each material
1st number: Material starts with element no. inclusively
2nd number: Material ends with element no. inclusively
3rd number: Integration order
4th number: Material is allocated to solid No.
5th number: MATFLAG (0=Hooke's material)
further entry into 1st input group: Name of *.csv file

Please refer to theoryguide.pdf; page 43

The meaning of the values in csv file is like you supposed them to be. I've no idea what the three zeros are standing for ( I'm only a user like you ;-))

Hope this helps a bit.

with best regards
Jochen
patrick
Import

Beitrag von patrick »

thanks Jochen
flonue
Alumni

Beitrag von flonue »

Vielen Dank Jochen für die Beantwortung der Frage.

Viele Grüße

Florian Nützel
Antworten